Events & Places to Go
Events: Upcoming and Previous
Gathering on 9-11 Oct. 2020
It is with regret that, due to ongoing restrictions on how and where people can get together, this year’s Gathering has been cancelled.
These Trails, via the links on the right, attempt to illustrate some of the stories and personalities from across the region, both historical and from more modern times.
In reality this is just a fragment of family history which we hope will provide some fascinating insights into the contributions Davidsons have made to this region.
We would like to acknowledge the Clan Davidson members who have ancestors from amongst these families, and who have contributed with their family history and photographs for this project.
These Trails explores some sites in the Highland region where Clan Davidson historical references can be found.
It cannot hope to be the definitive guide, but we believe it provides a glimpse into the past which we hope will be of interest to all Davidsons, as well as to visitors and others who wish to know more about the history of the Davidsons from this area.
The Davidsons have a long history and many family connections with Aberdeen and Northeast Scotland.
Both men and women of the name Davidson have left their mark in almost every walk of life. The Trail attempts to illustrate some of the stories and personalities from Aberdeen City, and locations such as the Garioch, Formartine and Buchan.
Aberdeen & North East Scotland Trail
- Aberdeen City : Davidson Links with Civic History
- Aberdeen City : Davidson Cultural & Sporting Links
- Aberdeen City : Davidson Links with Science & Industry
- Davidson Family of Tarland, Tillychetly, Dess, Inchmarlo
- Deeside, Midmar & West Aberdeenshire: Aboyne, Ballater, Auchindoir
- Garioch: Inverurie, Insch, Newton
- Formartine: Bourtie, Ellon, Oldmeldrum, Tarves
- Strathbogie, Buchan & Northern Aberdeenshire: Huntly, Auchenhamperis, Turriff, Mintlaw, Peterhead